All are encouraged to attend one or more informational meetings about the proposed Chesterfield County Comprehensive Plan Amendment. The new comprehensive plan, once approved, will provide a framework on which to base growth and development decisions. The meetings are planned to provide the public opportunities to learn about the proposed plan prior to official public hearings to be held later by the Chesterfield County Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
Meeting dates and locations:
- Thursday, Aug. 16, Dale District — Lloyd C. Bird High School, 10301 Courthouse Rd.
- Monday, Aug. 20, Matoaca District — Matoaca High School, 17700 Longhouse Ln.
- Thursday, Aug. 23, Matoaca District — Cosby High School, 14300 Fox Club Pkwy.
- Monday, Aug. 27, Clover Hill District — Monacan High School, 11501 Smoketree Dr.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29, Bermuda District — Thomas Dale High School, 3626 West Hundred Rd.
- Thursday, Aug. 30, Midlothian District — Midlothian High School, 401 Charter Colony Pkwy.
Each meeting will begin at 4:30 p.m. with time scheduled for attendees to speak directly to and ask questions of county staff regarding the contents of the comprehensive plan (an excellent opportunity for individuals to address with county staff specific thoughts about the plan). At 6 p.m, county staff will provide a formal presentation of the proposed plan, followed by a question and answer session. At the conclusion of the meeting, county staff will, again, be available to talk with individuals about the plan.
For more information, contact Planning Manager Steve Haasch at 804-796-7192.