The Chesterfield County School Board is seeking comments on the proposed calendar for 2012-2013, which is available online at mychesterfieldschools.com. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com  or mailed to Proposed Calendar, Chesterfield County Public Schools, P.O. Box 10, Chesterfield, Va. 23832. The School Board plans to vote on the calendar March 13.
The full calendar proposed for 2012-13 accompanies this news release; here are a few details:
- Classes begin Sept. 4, the first Tuesday after Labor Day. Classes end June 14.
- There are 181 student days, two more than the current school year.
- Winter break is Dec. 19-Jan. 1, and spring break is April 1-5.
- To continue to provide collaborative planning and professional development time for teachers, the calendar includes seven early release days for students. These three-hour early release days fall on the last Wednesday of the month: Sept. 26, Oct. 31, Nov. 28, Jan. 30, Feb. 27, March 27 and April 24.
- Students will also be released three hours early on Nov. 21, which is the start of Thanksgiving break, and on June 13-14, which are teacher workdays.