The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded Friday, Feb. 10, at 4:02 p.m. to 16120 Meridian Ave. for the report of a house fire. Fire crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from two windows of the house. It took crews approximately 25 minutes to get the fire under control. Chesterfield County Fire and EMS crews transported one patient to VCU Medical Center for smoke-inhalation injuries and treated another patient on the scene for minor injuries.
Chesterfield County fire marshals determined the fire started as a result of an electrical problem with a small portable electric fan that was located in the bedroom where the fire started.