An investiture ceremony will be held Monday, Dec. 19, at 4 p.m., to swear in newly elected officials, including four constitutional officers and five Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors members. The by-invitation ceremony will be held in the Chesterfield County Public Meeting Room.
The theme for the ceremony is “Celebrating our past, creating our future.” In accordance with the theme, living-history vignettes will be present outside the Public Meeting Room in the historic courtyard area depicting key periods from 400 years of history.
Constitutional officers and Board of Supervisors members to be sworn in:
- Joseph A. Horbal, commissioner of the revenue
- William W. Davenport, commonwealth’s attorney
- Dennis S. Proffitt, sheriff
- Richard A. Cordle, treasurer
- Dorothy A. Jaeckle, supervisor, Bermuda District
- Arthur S. Warren, supervisor, Clover Hill District
- James M. Holland, supervisor, Dale District
- Stephen A. Elswick, supervisor, Matoaca District
- Daniel A. Gecker, supervisor, Midlothian District
For more information, contact Dave Goode of the Chesterfield County Public Affairs Department at 804-751-4947.