Local students were recently recognized for their academic achievements at the college level.
Olivia Paige Jenkins, of Chesterfield, made the Dean’s List at Clemson University for the 2009 fall semester. To be named to the Dean’s List, a student must achieve a grade point average between 3.5 and 3.99 on a 4.0 scale.
Olivia, who is majoring in civil engineering, is a 2009 honors graduate of the Pre-Engineering Speciality Center at L. C. Bird High School. She is the daughter of Phyllis and Sid Jenkins.
Cody David Crampton, son of Michael and Penny Crampton of Chester, earned a spot on the Dean’s List for the 2009 semester at Lynchburg College. In order to make Dean’s List, a student must receive a QPA of 3.5 or greater.
Cody, a 2009 graduate of Thomas Dale High School, entered college as a sophomore seeking a degree in biology, according to information from the school.
Several area scholars were among the 449 cadets at Virginia Military Institute who were recently named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2009 semester. To be eligible for the list, a cadet must have a term GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and no grade below C, according to information from the school.
Among those who earned the honor at VMI are:
- Joshua C. Clements, of Chesterfield. Joshua, who is majoring in civil engineering, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph C. Clements.
- John I. Covert, of Chester. John, who is majoring in elect/computer engineering, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Rory G. Covert.
- Christopher P. Dommert, of Chester. Christopher, who is majoring in civil engineering, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Gregory D. Dommert.
- John E. Dommert, of Chester. John, who is majoring in mechanical engineering, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Gregory D. Dommert.
- Nathan R. Howard, of Matoaca. Nathan, who is majoring in elect/computer engineering, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Steven B. Howard.
- Samantha D. Price, of Chester. Samantha, who is majoring in psychology, is the daughter of Ms. Sofia M. Bradham.
- David D. Warriner II, of Chester. David, who is majoring in biology, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. David T. Warriner.
At James Madison University, sophomore Veronica E. Linkous and freshman LeeNora J. Linkous earned Dean’s List status for the fall 2009 term. Both are daughters of Ron and Deb Linkous of Enon.
Veronica is a 2008 graduate of Thomas Dale High School, and LeeNora is a 2009 graduate of Maggie L. Walker Governors School of International Studies. To qualify for the Dean’s List at JMU, a student must carry a semester course load of 12 graded credit hours or more and earn a GPA of 3.500 to 3.899.