At an adjourned meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 28, the Board of Supervisors, in the County Public Meeting Room at the Chesterfield Administration Building, will hold a public hearing on the following matters:
- An ordinance amendment that would require licensed salvage dealers, demolishers, rebuilders or vehicle removal operators to make periodic reports to the police department, including electronic reports in accord with state law, and providing for a penalty if the ordinance is violated.
- An ordinance amendment that would increase to $350 the flat fee reimbursement of law enforcement expenses for an emergency response to a DUI or other traffic accidents and incidents.
- An ordinance amendment that would require pawnbrokers to file periodic reports of goods pledged or sold to them with the police department, and providing for a penalty if the ordinance is violated.
Copies of the ordinances are on file in the County Administrator’s Office and the Clerk to the Board’s Office (Room 504) at the Lane B. Ramsey Administration Building, 9901 Lori Road, for public examination between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. each regular business day. For additional information, please contact the County Attorney’s office at 748-1491.
At its July 28 meeting, the Board of Supervisors will also consider the following requests:
- In the Bermuda District, Bobby W. Powers requests renewal of manufactured home permit 04SN0254 to permit a temporary manufactured home in a residential (R-7) district on .35 acre known as 2621 Velda Road.
- In the Bermuda District, Emerson-Roper Companies, LLC requests rezoning and amendment of the zoning district map from agricultural (A) to community business (C-3) with conditional use to permit multifamily use plus conditional use planned development to permit exceptions to ordinance requirements on 5.0 acres fronting approximately 290 feet on the north line of Chester Village Drive at Village Creek Drive.
- In the Dale District, the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors proposes conditional use and amendment of zoning district map to permit a dwelling separated from the principal dwelling in an agricultural (A) district on 5.0 acres known as 8500 Courthouse Road.
- In the Bermuda District, Carrie Coyner requests rezoning and amendment of the zoning district map from residential (R-7) to community business (C-3) with conditional use to permit multi-family residential use on 1.2 acres of a 17.4 acre tract and amendment of conditional use planned development (Case 07SN0292) relative to setbacks on 16.2 acres of a 17.4 acre zoned community business (C-3) and general business (C-5) fronting 300 feet on the south line of Velda Road, 300 feet west of Jefferson Davis Highway and also fronting 830 feet on the west line of Jefferson Davis Highway, 160 feet south of Velda Road.
- In the Bermuda District, Eleanor S. Temple requests renewal of manufactured home permit 03 SR0323 to permit a temporary manufactured home in a residential (R-7) district on .7 acre known as 2701 Shields Road.
Copies of the above requests are on file in the County Administrator’s Office (Room 505) at the Chesterfield County Administration Building and in the Planning Department at the Chesterfield County Community Development Building, 9800 Government Center Parkway, for public examination during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. More information about these requests can be found at www.chesterfield.gov/plan .