On Wednesday, June 23, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room at the County Administration Building, the Board of Supervisors will hold public hearings on the following matters:
- An ordinance amendment relating to fees for adoption of sterilized animals and the transfer of animals to animal rescue or humane societies.
- A report of the Planning Commission’s substantial accord determination for Chesterfield County Planning Department (Case 10PD0233) to permit conversion of a public middle school (Chester Middle) to a public school accommodating ninth grade in an R-7 District on 27.0 acres located in the northeast corner of West Hundred and Chester Roads.
- The FY2011-FY2016 Secondary Road Six-Year Improvement Plan and FY2011 Secondary Road Improvement Budget.
Copies of the proposed ordinance amendment and Planning Commission report are on file in the County Administrator’s Office and the Clerk to the Board’s Office (Room 504) at the Lane B. Ramsey Administration Building, 9901 Lori Road, for public examination between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. of each regular business day.
The road plan and budget are available at the Chesterfield County Transportation Department located in the Chesterfield County Community Development building at 9800 Government Center Parkway, 3rd Floor, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
On Wednesday, June 23, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room at the County Administration Building, the Board of Supervisors will consider the following requests:
- In the Matoaca District, New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC (AT&T) requests conditional use and amendment of the zoning district map to permit a communications tower in an agricultural (A) district on 25.3 acres fronting 20 feet on the south line of Hickory Road, 1890 feet west of Matoaca Road.
- In the Bermuda District, Richmond 20 MHz LLC requests conditional use and amendment of the zoning district map to permit a communications tower in an agricultural (A) district on 1.9 acres lying 150 feet off the southeast line of Silverdust Lane, 800 feet east of Cypress Vine Drive.
- In the Bermuda District, J.H. Martin & Sons Contractors, Inc. requests rezoning and amendment of the zoning district map from agricultural (A) and general industrial (I-2) to general business (C-5) on 51.7 acres fronting 3576 feet on the east line of Interstate 95, 3190 feet south line of the Ruffin Mill Interchange.
- In the Matoaca District, VA Paint Dist Co. Inc. requests amendment of zoning (Case 89SN0179) and amendment of the zoning district map relative to uses in a neighborhood business (C-2) bistrict on 1 acre fronting 150 feet on the south line of Hull Street Road, 640 feet east of Deer Run Drive.
- In the Matoaca District, Woodlake Community Association requests an exception to section 19-232 of the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act requirements of the zoning ordinance to permit encroachment into the Resource Protection Area (RPA) buffer along Swift Creek Reservoir as a result of the construction of a brick wall and flagpoles associated with proposed enhancements to the Woodlake Community entrance. The property is located at 6801 Woodlake Village Parkway, which is within the Swift Creek drainage basin.
More information about these requests can be found at www.chesterfield.gov/plan .