Thomas Dale Ring of Champions 2014 inducted six members on Friday, Feb. 7.
Class of 1964
- 2 x All-District Baseball
- 2 x All-District Football
- 1963 Richmond Touchdown Club Player of the Year
Rash received a football scholarship to Virginia Tech, starting for three seasons and was a teammate of now-head coach Frank Beamer. At Virginia Tech, he played in the 1966 Liberty Bowl against Miami. In 1970, Rash returned to Dale, coaching baseball and football. In 1975 and 1978, the baseball team brought home Central District Championships and were Central Region runner-ups.
Class of 2003
- 2001 Central Region Player of the Year
- 3 x All-Metro Honoree
- 3 x All-Central Region Honoree
- 2003 All-State First Team
- Leading scorer in Thomas Dale history
Byerson will go down as perhaps the best basketball player in Thomas Dale history, earning a scholarship to play at West Virginia where he redshirted as a freshman and was a part of a team that advanced to the Elite 8 as a sophomore. After that year, he transferred to Virginia Union and was named 2008 CIAA Defensive Player of the Year. Byerson played professionally in Israel, averaging 21.5 points per game and 11.8 rebounds per game. In 2010, Byerson was drafted and played for the Sioux Falls Skyforce in the NBA development league.
Class of 1978
- 1978 Central District Basketball Player of the Year
- 1978 First Team All-Metro
- 1978 First Team All-Tri-City
- 1978 All Central Region
- 1978 All State Honorable Mention
Lewis attended Lincoln-Memorial University after a great basketball career at Thomas Dale. At LMU, he was all-VSA conference each of his four seasons and player of the year in his junior and senior seasons. As a senior, he averaged 22 points and eight assists per game, earning NAIA All-American honors.
Class of 1985
- 1985 Wrestling State Champion- 133 weight class
- 1985 Central Region Champion
Pond participated in wrestling and track during his time at Dale. In 1985, he went 33-0 en route to a state championship in the 133 pound weight class, pinning his region final opponent in one minute, four seconds and his state final opponent in one minute, 37 seconds. He went on to wrestle at Elon University, earning a finance degree and is the founder of Pro-Tex, Inc.
Class of 2001
- 4 Year Letter-winner in Basketball
- 3 Year Letter-winner in Volleyball
- 2011 All-Central District First Team (Volleyball)
- 2011 All-Central Region Honorable Mention (Volleyball)
- 2011 All-Central District First Team (Basketball)
- 2011 All-Central Region Second Team (Basketball)
- 2011 All-Metro Second Team
Tarkington was a sharp-shooter for the Knights and is the school’s career leader with 186 three-pointers. Tarkington ranks seventh at Thomas Dale in scoring with 1,077 points. He also earned All-District basketball accolades as a sophomore and junior.
Thomas Dale Administrator
Brown founded the Thomas Dale boys tennis program in 1969, and then the girls program in 1971. The two teams were combined until 1975. He coached tennis at Thomas Dale until 1996. During his tenure, the Knights had many successful seasons, but only won a single Central District Championship.