As Halloween approaches, the Chesterfield County Police Department is encouraging residents to do their part to make Thursday, Oct. 31, a safe holiday for all.
- Be accompanied by a parent or another adult.
- Have costumes that are brightly colored or have reflective tape on them.
- Remain on well lit streets and always use sidewalks.
- Have their parents check all their treats before eating.
Additional trick-or-treating tips are available on the Chesterfield County Police Department's website at http://www.chesterfield.gov/police/ .
To keep homes safe for visiting trick-or-treaters, residents should:
- Remove tripping hazards from the yard and porch.
- Check outdoor lights and replace burned-out bulbs.
- Remove wet leaves from sidewalks and steps.