The Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Christmas Mother will hold registration for holiday assistance from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning Monday, Sept. 16 through Thursday, Sept. 19 at the Chesterfield County Fairgrounds Exhibition Building located at Courthouse and Krause Roads.
Registration is open to families in need residing in Chesterfield County or Colonial Heights. Families with children age 18 or younger may register for toys, children’s clothing, and food gift cards. School age children must be enrolled in school. Senior citizens in need age 62 or over may also register for holiday assistance (food gift cards, clothing, household items).
Applicants must apply in person and provide the following documents.
- Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) card or an ITIN authorization letter
- Social Security card for each child included in the application (exception for infants under six months of age)
- Current valid photo identification such as a Virginia driver’s license or DMV identification card
- Proof of residence in Chesterfield County or Colonial Heights such as a current utility bill, lease agreement, real estate deed, mortgage statement
- Proof of legal guardianship if applicable (court orders or custody papers)
- Proof of income for all household members such as recent pay stubs, notification of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) amounts, Social Security payments, SSI payments, pension award notice, child support payments
- List of children’s birthdates, clothing sizes, height measurements
The Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Christmas Mother Committee reserves the right to provide client information to other organizations that provide holiday assistance for purposes of eligibility and verification.
Due to safety concerns, it is requested that clients do not bring children with them when applying for assistance.
For further information, call 748-1183.