Five adults and one youth were displaced from their home after fire erupted, in the 2900 block of Emblem Drive on Nov. 9 at 5:43 a.m. Fire officals said they arrived on scene and found heavy fire and smoke coming from an attached garage and throughout the home. Crews battled the blaze for about an hour bringing it under control. The Red Cross is assisting the family. Fire marshals have ruled the cause as an electrical malfunction in the garage. Fire and medical personnel from Bensley, Dale, Centralia, DSCR, City of Richmond fire stations responded. A tactical safety officer, two battalion chiefs, two fire marshals and county police were also on scene.
In other incidents
- Nov. 8 at 12:53 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported 1821 Ware Bottom Spring Road between Old Stage and Ramblewood roads.
- Nov. 8 at 12:50 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Ruffin Mill Circle and Ruffin Mill Road.
- Nov. 8 at 12:46 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 15901 Jefferson Davis Hwy.