On Sept. 20 at 1:24 p.m., a tractor-trailer crashed, overturning on Route 288, which resulted in the closing of Route 288/Route 10, exit ramp. Emergency personnel from Airport Fire Station, along with Virginia State Police and county police responded to the crash scene involving the 1996 Mack tractor-trailer. The adult male driver, who was wearing his safety belt, suffered minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital. The crash occurred when the driver was attempting to exit onto the Route 10 exit ramp and ran off the left side of the roadway and overturned onto its driver’s side, said Sgt. Thomas Molnar of the Virginia State Police. The trailer was loaded with approximately 40,000 pounds of bulk paper products. All of the paper that remained in the trailer had to be loaded off of the trailer by clean-up crews before up-righting the tractor-trailer. Molnar said the ramp remained closed for several hours and through rush hour. Speed is considered a factor in the crash. Molnar said the truck driver, Phuc T. Nguyen, 44, of the 2000 block of Thousand Oaks Drive in Richmond, was charged with reckless driving.
In other incidents
- Sept. 24 at 10:08 a.m., a traffic hazard was reported at Jefferson Davis Hwy and Whitehouse Road
- •Sept. 24 at 8:56 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported in the 12300 block of Hogans Alley
- Sept. 22 at 5 p.m., a motor vehicle crash occurred at W. Hundred and Harrowgate roads. Fire and medical personnel from Chester Fire Station, along with county police were dispatched to the emergency. One person was transported to the hospital. The crash is under investigation.
- Sept. 22 at 2:55 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Jefferson Davis Highway and Cogbill Road. Fire and medical personnel from Bensley Fire Station, along with county police, were dispatched. No injuries were reported. The crash is under investigation.
- Sept. 21 at 10:19 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 17400 Jefferson Davis Hwy.
- Sept. 19 at 3:33 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 9115 Chester Rd.
- Sept. 19 at 3:26 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 15300 Branders Bridge Rd.
- Sept. 19 at 9:49 a.m., a t-bone motor vehicle collision was reported at Krause and Iron Bridge roads in the intersection. A fire engine from Chester Fire Station and an ambulance, along with a battalion chief and county police, were dispatched to the emergency. The battalion chief reported fluids were leaking from one of the vehicles and that no injuries were reported. Firefighters from the engine spread absorbent on the roadway to contain the fluids. The crash is under investigation.
- Sept. 19 at 8:50 a.m., a traffic hazard was reported at River Road and Hudson Street.
- Sept. 18 at 3:50 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at E. Hundred Road and Rivers Bend Boulevard.
- Sept. 18 at 3:36 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Woodpecker and Matoaca roads.
- Sept. 18 at 2:37 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Salem Church and Centralia roads.
- Sept. 18 at 1:26 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 3900 Meadowdale Blvd.
- Sept. 18 at 7:12 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at 13500 block of Evelyn Drive.
- Sept. 17 at 9:53 p.m., a motor vehicle crash