At an adjourned meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 25, at 6:30 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room at the Chesterfield Administration Building, 10001 Iron Bridge Road, the Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the following matter:
- The lease of real property at Castlewood, Magnolia Grange, the County Museum and the 1892 Jail to the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia for the operation of education and preservation programs.
- The lease of real property at the softball complexes at Harry G. Daniel Park at Iron Bridge and Warbro Athletic Complex.
Copies of the proposed leases are on file in the Department of Parks and Recreation, 6801 Mimms Loop, for public examination between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. of each regular business day.
At the same meeting, the Board of Supervisors will consider the following requests:
- In the Bermuda District, Emerson-Roper Companies, LLC requests rezoning and amendment of the zoning district map from agricultural (A) to community business (C-3) with conditional use to permit multifamily use plus conditional use planned development to permit exceptions to ordinance requirements on 5 acres fronting approximately 290 feet on the north line of Chester Village Drive at Village Creek Drive. The Comprehensive Plan suggests the property is appropriate for neighborhood mixed use uses.
- In the Dale District, Shoosmith Bros., Inc. c/o J. Fletcher Kelly requests amendment of conditional use (Case 97SN0206) and amendment of the zoning district map to permit landfilling and quarrying operations within the same area, concurrently; receipt of out-of-state waste; and amendment of a covenant relative to landfill height in agricultural (A) and heavy industrial (I-3) districts on 232 acres lying 600 feet off the southwest line of Iron Bridge Road, 670 feet south of Ironbridge Parkway. The Comprehensive Plan suggests the property is appropriate for general industrial use.
- In the Bermuda District, Clearwire requests conditional use and amendment of the zoning district map to permit a communications tower in community business (C-3) and general business (C-5) districts on 0.3 acre located in the southeast quadrant of Arcadia and Elokomin Avenues. The Comprehensive Plan suggests the property is appropriate for residential use of 2.51-4 units per acre.
- In the Dale District, CVS Pharmacy requests conditional use planned development and amendment of the zoning district map to permit a computer-controlled, variable message, electronic sign in a neighborhood business (C-2) district on 5.7 acres located at the northeast corner of Iron Bridge and Centralia Roads. The Comprehensive Plan suggests the property is appropriate for mixed use corridor use.
- In the Bermuda District, Carrie Coyner requests conditional use and amendment of the zoning district map to permit recreational uses in a residential (R-15) district on 2.6 acres lying 780 feet east of the intersection of North White Mountain Drive and Declaration Avenue. The Comprehensive Plan suggests the property is appropriate for residential use of 1.5 dwellings per acre or less.
Copies of the above requests are on file in the County Administrator’s Office (Room 505) at the Chesterfield County Administration Building and in the Planning Department at the Chesterfield County Community Development Building, 9800 Government Center Parkway, Chesterfield, Virginia. More information about these requests can be found at www.chesterfield.gov/plan.