Discarded smoking materials cause morning fire

The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded Thursday morning, March 6, at 9:41 a.m. to 4601 Boones Trail Circle for the report of a house fire. Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the home. It took crews approximately one hour and fifteen minutes to get the fire under control. One occupant was home at the time of the fire and evacuated themselves; however, did suffer serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to VCU Medical Center.

Fire Marshals determined the fire started in the family room and was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials. The occupant stated he was sleeping in the family room and woke to see the smoke and fire. He attempted to extinguish the fire for an extended period of time prior to evacuating the home. Fire officials would like to remind citizens that if a fire occurs in your home to immediately “Get Out and Stay Out” of the home. Once outside call 911 immediately. The occupants of the home were displaced and are being assisted by family members.

Comments

Post new comment

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.