Saturday house fire caused by extension cord failure

The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded Saturday, February 8, at 1:59 p.m. to 5203 West Hundred Rd. for the report of a house fire. Fire crews arrived on scene to find heavy fire conditions throughout the house. Two adult residents were at home at the time of the fire and evacuated on their own; however, one was treated on scene for smoke inhalation. It took fire crews approximately twenty-five minutes to get the fire under control.

Chesterfield County Fire Marshals have determined the fire was accidental and started in the bedroom as a result of a space heater plugged into an extension cord. 

Comments

Post new comment

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.