The Chesterfield County School Board is seeking comments from parents, employees and the community about the proposed calendar for 2014-2015, which is available online at mychesterfieldschools.com. Comments may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Proposed Calendar, Chesterfield County Public Schools, P.O. Box 10, Chesterfield, VA 23832.
The School Board is scheduled to vote Jan. 28 on the calendar.
The proposed calendar for 2014-15 accompanies this news release; here are a few details:
- Classes begin Sept. 2, the first Tuesday after Labor Day. Classes end June 12 for students.
- There are 180 student days.
- Winter break is Dec. 22-Jan. 2.
- Spring break is April 6-10.
- Nov. 4 is set aside for parent-teacher conferences.
- To continue to provide collaborative planning and professional development time for teachers, the calendar includes four early-release Wednesdays for students: Sept. 24, Oct. 29, Feb. 25 and March 25. Students will also be released three hours early April 3 and June 11-12, which are teacher workdays.
- Schools and school offices will be closed Nov. 26-28 for Thanksgiving,
- Jan. 19 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Feb. 16 for Presidents Day and
- May 25 for Memorial Day.
At last count theCCPS Facebook account had 51 comments.