Two kitchen fires displace residents

Seven residents are being assisted by the Red Cross after a fire damaged their home in the 5300 block of Niles Road on July 25 at 11:26 p.m.  Fire and medical personnel from Dale, Manchester, Airport and Bensley fire stations along with two battalion chiefs, a shift commander and a tactical safety officer responded to the emergency. County police were also on scene. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said that when crews arrived on scene smoke was showing from the front door and the residents were able to self-evacuate. Crews entered the dwelling and launched an aggressive attack on the kitchen fire. Firefighters had the fire under control in about 20 minutes, Elmore said. The cause has been ruled as unattended cooking.

Alarms sounded and firefighters were soon on the way to the 2400 block of Reymet Road for a kitchen fire. Fire and medical personnel from Centralia, Dutch Gap and Bensley fire stations along with two battalion chiefs and a tactical safety officer responded. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said that when crews arrived on scene light smoke was showing from the front door. One minor injury was reported, but no-one was transported to the hospital, Elmore said. Two people were displaced. The cause has been ruled as unattended cooking.

Comments

Post new comment

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Related Content

08/20/2014 - 08:11
08/20/2014 - 07:11
08/20/2014 - 07:10
08/20/2014 - 07:08