UNATTENDED COOKING CAUSE OF EARLY-MORNING FIRE

UNATTENDED COOKING CAUSE OF EARLY-MORNING FIRE

Chesterfield County fire marshals have determined that an early-morning fire today at a residence at 4801 Jessup Road was accidental and the result of unattended cooking. One resident was treated on-scene for smoke inhalation, but was not transported to a hospital.

The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded at 2:22 a.m. for a report of a kitchen fire. Fire crews arrived to smoke coming from the roof and made an interior attack on the fire. It took fire crews about an hour to control the fire.

Fire and EMS officials said that this morning’s fire should serve as a reminder to all to never leave cooking unattended. Cooking fires are the No. 1 cause of fires in Chesterfield County.