Two firefighters injured in Chester blaze

Two firefighters were transported to a hospital after being injured in a fire at 9761 Salem Church Road on Feb. 4 at 11 a.m. Officials said that one firefighter suffered burns to the face and another firefighter had a neck injury. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said that heavy smoke was coming from the roof of the single family rancher when crews arrived on scene. Two occupants of the residence were able to safely evacuate while firefighters were on the way. Elmore said the residence sustained fire damage to the attic and smoke damage to the living space. Dispatched to the scene were fire and medical personnel from Centralia, Dale, Chester, Airport and Clover Hill fire stations along with a tactical safety officer, two battalion chiefs and a shift commander. The fire started in the Chimney, Elmore said.

Fire at Enon Elementary
Fire and medical personnel were dispatched to Enon Elementary School on Feb. 2 at 10:20 a.m. for a fire in a school trailer. As crews arrived on scene fire could be seen coming from the roof of the trailer. Dispatched were personnel from Enon, River’s Bend, Centralia and Dutch Gap fire stations. The fire was brought quickly under control. The cause is believed to be the HVAC on the roof.

Massive fire in Matoaca
Firefighters were dispatched to 16001 North Rhodes lane on Feb. 1 at 1:40 p.m. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said a shed and a chicken coop were fully engulfed when crews arrived on scene. The chickens escaped, Elmore said. Special fire department tankers were used to provide water supply to extinguish the blaze. Units from Matoaca, Ettrick, Phillips and Namozine (Dinwiddie) fire stations were dispatched. Elmore said embers from a burn barrel sparked the blaze.

Church service evacuated
Fire alarms sounded and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints evacuated the church building on Feb. 3, at 3541 Cogbill Road at 11:13 a.m. Fire personnel from Bensley Fire Station responded to the emergency. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said that nothing was showing upon arrival and it was discovered that a duct detector had activated. The system was restored without incident, according to Elmore.

Fire crews summoned to Meadowdale
On Feb. 1 at 12:10 p.m., fire and medical personnel were dispatched to 3723 Meadowdale Blvd for a possible structure fire. Occupants of the apartment evacuated while firefighters were on the way. The incident was determined to be a malfunctioning HVAC unit. Crews from Bensley, Dale, DSCR, Centralia, Manchester and Buford fire stations were dispatched to the emergency.


Post new comment

More information about formatting options

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Related Content

01/28/2015 - 07:30
01/28/2015 - 07:13
01/28/2015 - 07:12