Tractor-trailer crashes and overturns

Tractor-trailer crashes and overturns

A tractor-trailer driver lost control of his rig and overturned at Belmont and Whitepine roads on Jan. 2 at around 3 p.m. Fire and medical personnel from Airport and Bensley fire stations along with fire department safety officers, battalion chiefs and county police were dispatched. The rig was on its side, off the road and one side of tires sunk into the mud. The other side of wheels jutted up into the air. Emergency personnel checked the driver out and checked for hazards. It was discovered that was a small fuel leak so the Hazardous Materials team was dispatched. The driver was not injured, Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said. Belmont Road was closed for several hours until the rig was righted and removed. The crash is under investigation and police have not said if charges will be filed.

Two injured in head-on crash

Two people were injured in a violent crash on Jan. 2 about 1 p.m., at Walmsley Blvd at Turner Road. Shards of broken glass, twisted bits of metal, gasoline from a leak littered Walmsley Blvd as the two mangled vehicles rested against each other and into a guard rail. Fire and medical personnel provided aid and transported the injured to a hospital. The crash is under investigation by county police. Condition of the patients has not been released and police have not said if charges will be filed.

Fire at Country Inn Suites summons firefighters

Fire and medical personnel were dispatched to 2401 Willis Road on Jan. 2 at 9:35 a.m. for a fire. Crews entered the two story hotel and saw smoke coming from one of the rooms. Wearing special breathing masks and protective gear firefighters entered the room. A heater and some curtains were on fire, officials said. The fire was quickly extinguished and the room and hotel ventilated. The fire was contained to the room of origin. The occupant was displaced but was assisted in finding another room. Four fire engines, two aerial ladder trucks, a medical unit, two battalion chiefs, a safety officer and county police responded the fire. The Fire Marshal’s office has ruled the cause of the fire as electrical.

Related Content