Fire and medical personnel from Bensley and Centralia fire stations along with county police were dispatched to the 2100 block of Willis Road at 10:02 p.m., for a vehicle crash with one vehicle overturned. Glass lay strewn across Willis Road and traffic both on I-95 and Willis Road quickly became backed up. One vehicle from the crash had front end damage and was into a utility pole, the second vehicle was in the roadway and resting on its roof. Only minor injuries were reported. The crash is under investigation and police have not said if charges will be filed.
In other incidents
- Dec. 3 at 12:58 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Iron Bridge Place and Irongate Drive.
- Dec. 2 at 9:58 p.m. a motor vehicle crash was reported at 2116 Willis Rd.
- Dec. 2 at 6:33 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Jefferson Davis Hwy and Happy Hill Road.
- Dec. 2 at 7:44 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Hopkins road at Southbound Chippenham ramp.
- Dec. 1 at 9:02 p.m., fire and medical personnel from Dale Fire Station were dispatched for a vehicle crash on Chippenham near I 95. Four occupants of the vehicles refused medical care.
- Dec. 1 at 8:36 p.m., fire personnel from Dutch Gap and Colonial Heights fire stations were dispatched to I-95 for a vehicle fire. Crews arriving on scene reported the vehicle fully engulfed in fire.
- Dec. 1 at 8:33 p.m., fire personnel from Dale and Bensley fre stations along with county police were dispatched to Castlewood and Cogbill roads for a brush fire.
- Nov. 30 at around 1:30 a.m., fire and medical personnel along with county police were dispatched to the 8900 block of Hickory Road near River Road for a chimney fire.
- Nov. 29 at 5:35 p.m., fire and medical personnel from Rivers Bend Fire Station were dispatched to Kingston Ave and Hidden Valley for a motor vehicle crash.
- Nov. 29 at 5:27 p.m., County police along with fire and medical personnel were dispatched to Iron Bridge Road at Courthouse Road for a vehicle crash. One vehicle was rear-ended and one was askew from the crash. County police set up a perimeter around the crash so rescue personnel could work. Three medical units were at the scene to transport patients and provide care. The crash is under investigation.
- Nov. 27 at 11:45 p.m., firefighters from Bensley Fire Station were dispatched to Alfalfa Lane and Jefferson Davis Hwy for a brush fire. Crews discovered a trash pile on fire and quickly extinguished the blaze. No injuries were reported.
- Nov. 27 at 12:09 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Chippenham northbound to Jefferson Davis Hwy. A fire engine and medic unit from Bensley Fire Station along with Virginia State Police was dispatched. A single vehicle crash was reported. Occupant of the vehicle refused medical assistance. The crash is under investigation.